Thursday, August 2, 2012

Return of the prodigal blogger

I stopped posting three years ago, when I had to choose between time for writing entries and time for sewing. It doesn't help that as a kid, I was a lousy diarist. The blog started as a companion to the bag- and scarf-making in my Etsy shop, but since I joined the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild two years ago, I've returned to concentrating on my first love: quilting. Lately, the ever-growing backlog of plans for new quilts has me feeling the need to record thoughts, ideas, and crafting experiences, as well as wanting to share my work. Hence the return of the prodigal blogger!

Rather than start entirely from scratch, I kept a few of my old posts--just the ones that dealt with techniques, works in progress, the trials and tribulations of the sewing room, and last but not least, ice cream! But the blog also now sports a completely new look, and it's so much better than before. I think I'll be more inspired to write entries simply because I'm no longer ashamed of the blog's shabby appearance. Look for news about my current quilting project soon!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging, Jessica! I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I'm pretty excited about using the blog to share ideas and keep the creative juices flowing.

      Delete