Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Basting away: WIP Wednesday

I finally pieced the backing and basted the baby quilt, and I'm eager to start quilting. Here's how it looks at the moment, front and back:





I'm particularly excited about the curved piecing on the backside. For the quilting, I'll probably use grey thread, but as I mentioned earlier, I'd love a variegated grey, pink, and red thread, if one exists. If anyone knows where to find such a thread, please let me know! For the actual quilting pattern, I'm thinking in terms of Angela Walters' jagged tile technique, with either swirls or an allover leaf pattern inside the tiles. Alternatively, I could use a range of patterns to vary the individual tiles, but I think I prefer the simplicity of sticking to a single pattern.

Let the quilting begin!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that all looks pretty! I love that curved bit for the back! Very clever for sure! You will be proud of that in the end! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! What a fun quilt. Love the curved piecing.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! I love the curved piecing as well--I might well end up liking the back more than the front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fun to find a pink red and grey variegated thread. I could only find pinks. The backing is really cute.

    ReplyDelete