Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Holding pattern: WIP Wednesday

I haven't made additional progress on my "Madrona Road" quilt, other than getting it basted:


There's a happy explanation for my lack of progress, however--I ordered a new sewing machine! I ended up going for the Juki TL-2010Q, sight unseen, and I should have my bright and shiny new toy either by the end of this week or early next week. I'm holding off on the FMQ until it arrives.

In the meantime, I did manage a little sewing for my poor, neglected Etsy shop, and I made half a dozen passport holders. The weather for photography has been terrible of late, so I don't have a full range of photos, but here are a couple of the passport covers:


That's all for now. I hope I'll be able to report happy quilting with the Juki in a few more days!

2/10: Finally, the sun is out on a day when I have time for photographs. Here are all six of my passport covers:


4 comments:

  1. New toy!!! Yay. That is a great reason for not getting the quilting done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your Madrona Road quilt is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice WIP Wednesday project! Have fun with your new machine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, everyone! I just got the good news that my machine has arrived, so I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow morning. Plus, it's a long weekend in British Columbia this weekend, so with any luck, I'm going to get a lot of sewing done over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete