Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The real finish: WIP Wednesday

First of all, *SPOILER ALERT* ahead. If you don't want to know the answer to the anagram for "Drama Adorno," the title of my recently finished quilt, don't read to the end of this post.

Although I pronounced "Drama Adorno" finished a couple of weeks back, I've taken the time since then to block and steam the quilt thoroughly, and that has made an enormous difference in its appearance. Between the blocking, a proper hanging sleeve, and a new set of nails in the wall, "Drama Adorno" now hangs nicely without too much rippling in the borders. Here are a few of the photos I managed to take, thanks to a stretch of decent weather:




In terms of current sewing, I'm taking a little break from quilting in order to make some kimono silk zippered pouches for my Etsy shop:



Of course, I haven't forgotten quilts! I few weeks ago, I bought some bright and fun cotton-linen mix Echino fabrics, and more recently, I purchased a range of greens, blues, purples, and dark pinks in tropical and jewel tones to go with them. I also raided my stash, including some old favorites from the early 1990s when I first started quilting. Here's the palette I'm planning to work with--the Echinos are on the right-hand side, including the five polka dot fabrics:


Finally, for anyone still pondering my word puzzle, "Drama Adorno" is an anagram of "Madrona Road," in honor of the Madrona Road Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Loving the Echino prints and jewel fabrics to match. So pretty!

    Drama Adorno is very striking!Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bundle of fabrics you've put together there! A very lovely quilt to be had :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That bundle is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so digging that quilting. I might have to do some of that on a quilt I'm quilting today. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration and for stopping by WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the anagramm. Those kimono silk pouches are terribly cute! The palette for your next quilt is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool quilt! The little bag are fabulous, gorgeous fabrics too! Envious of that fabric bundle, the colors are so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!
    I really like the randomness in the Quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone, for your comments! I'm really happy with how "Drama Adorno" came out. I had thought about trying to sell it on my Etsy site, but the quilt just looks too good hanging in our bedroom!

    ReplyDelete