Saturday, July 30, 2016

Done!!

It's taken me a lot of weekends, but the new bed quilt is finally finished!  It's a big one, close to 90" square:



The binding features a faux piping that I learned at a VMQG meeting a while back:


I wasn't confident enough about my FMQ skills to use a more visible thread on the border, but I like how it came out:


Now what do I do?  Cheers!

8/2: Technically, this isn't a WIP, but I'm still posting to WIP Wednesday on The Needle and Thread Network.  Gotta show off!

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Now you can be more confident in your thread selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hadn't FMQ'd in so long that I thought the border was going to be terrible, but the quilting went a lot more smoothly and easily than I had imagined. I'll definitely be braver next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Jessica - beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I'll bring the quilt to the next VMQG meeting, so maybe you'll see it in person?

      Delete
  4. It beautiful and unique loving the colours

    ReplyDelete